Friday 25 July 2008

Musical!

Went to watch the guys [i.e.: choir and drama] perform "Beautiful City" the musical just now.

Well, maybe it's not considered 'watching', since I was backstage [in the Audi PA room], doing AUDIO recording + video recording [left a camera in the audience], while listening to the entire musical over my headphones, minus all the voices except ambient noise and voices captured by the 2 mic packs held by the 2 main characters: John the Baptist and Jesus.

For the ignorant people who refuse to watch the musical, just read the book of Matthew, in the New testament. That's roughly what 'Beautiful City" talks about, with a modernised juxtaposition. [finally, I get to use that big word]

I must say, with the exception of some minor flaws [hey, nobody's perfect], the musical went well! Really enjoyed myself.

I think the drama and choir peeps, PLUS the backstage crew, teachers, and the director deserve a pat on their backs. It's not easy putting up a musical of such magnitude. For a first time collaboration, this is a good start.

Just hope the guys will get better soon. Some have started to show signs of sore throat or flu... And they still have one more show. yikes.

Anyway, Thank you for the good show! Didn't regret paying for the ticket, even though I was 'behind the scenes'...

P.s.: 50th post of the month! and 1 more post before I hit the big 250 of 2008!

No comments: