Tuesday 13 January 2009

Ripping off people's blogs...

Been reading some interesting blog posts. Thought I should share here, and at the same time, show you WHY YOU SHOULD VISIT THE BLOGS UNDER MY LINKS SECTION. [hint.hint.]

From Bryant Chan's blog...
-----------------------
day of reckoning
Jan. 11th, 2009 at 8:51 PM
So. O-level results come out tomorrow. It's something I told myself I wouldn't dwell on, but as the hour draws ever nearer, you can't help but glance over your shoulder at the horrible, vile thing looming behind you, which you really shouldn't take literally because it tends to induce paranoia.

I'm not going to write things like "oh, I'm so screwed" or "hey, I think I'll do pretty well" or crap that you see on anybody else's blog. Most people, around this time, tend to write things that are all emo and s**t, or tend to proclaim their prowess in academia and pretend to be all modest about it at the same time, which really pisses me off. These are the d**ks who always go "I'm not going to do so well! I mean, I screwed up my physics..." Then they get 6 points and they piss and moan again about how "I could have gotten 4...!"

Then, of course, there are the spiritual people who keep telling others, "oh, God will take care of it". Now, I really don't mind that, but it really tends to get annoying after the fifty-thousandth and thirty-sixth time you've heard it. I am truly and honestly happy for you that you have such faith in God, and I equally honestly wish I had that kind of devotion, but I'm sorry, it gets horribly tedious after a while.
-----------------------
Based on Bryant's explanation, I shall not talk about my results. There. But whatever result you get, don't dwell on it, be it good or bad. Just stop moaning and move on. Your 'O' Level is not the end of the journey, for there is more ahead in life. I believe there is more. And so should you!

Now, my version of the "Have You Ever" list from Mr Stanley Ho's Saint3.0 blog [I need to update the link. Note to self]
-----------------------
Have you ever... [I made the ones I have done white in colour]
1. Started your own blog
2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch - video
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables - beansprouts
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill - P1 in RVPS. Slight muscle ache. But my form teacher happened to be sick on that day anyway, so I didn't miss anything. Still remember it till today...
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping - Disgusting!
27. Run a Marathon - also work in progress for myself
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset - And shot it!
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors - Medan, Surabaya, and China?
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language - English, Mandarin, Japanese, Italian, Francais.
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling - snorkelled
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud - Sec3 Camp
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Boy Scout Cookies - Choir Cookies and lanyard count, right?
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a cheque
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible - Chunks of the Old Testament not yet read...
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous - RI President SBY('s car)
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one - My Grandmother and eldest Aunt

94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a lawsuit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
100. Read an entire book in one day - Roald Dahl books!

Result: 31/100 done... LOL.

No comments: