Monday 22 January 2007

of slackers and faithful dedications

yup, it's one of those 2-in-one blogposts where i start talking about (insert algebraic term 1 here) and then segways into another topic.

Only this time, i will make a contrasting difference for once. coz normally, my 2 stories never flow...


During the Sec 3 Camp, my class had to pick up litter before we left d camp site for home (last day... area cleaning)

I asked one of my classmates to help me out with some of the litter... not gonna name names here.

All I can say is this guy is in a position of authority in the school environment. Maybe a prefect? maybe a chairman / exco of a CCA? maybe even a class comm? or even a AFGM member? He belongs in only 1 or 2 of these categories.

Anyway, this guy just “袖手旁观” (Translation: dazes aimlessly by the side at someone who is in the need of help. In this case, I only appreciated help. Kinda needed a bit of help, i guess...). He smiles and expects something to happen.

Of course, at the end of the day, I felt as if out of all the rubbish found, I could take credit for close to half, if not more than 50% of what was found by my class. Not boasting or anything, but seriously, can't we work seriously and with a sense of responsibility?

responsibilityNEEDED


Ok, now, we segway to someone from choir.

I really hope the juniors will read this post, coz i think this will make them more aware of what they're causign to other members in the choir when they do anything.

Ben Lam broke down after everyone in choir left just now... The only ppl left were a couple of seniorss who had admin stuff to settle, Miss Gan, and a few Sec 3s. Joel was also there...

Ernest, Raymond and I were talking to Ben Lam.

He explained to us that he's very stressed, having to cope with 3 CCAs, Homework and tuition.

Sure,... I have 3 CCAs as well...

But his was competitive CCAs which he want to do well in all of them.

He has to cope with this... in summary.

-Badminton: School Team. Tournament starts this week.
-SYFC: VP. Aiming for Gold this year. Have been working on his plane till 1AM after choir...
-Choir: SYF coming. Lots of rehearsals this year...

Ben said 2 things, both contradict each other, but i think it really shows his commitment...
Firstly, he said: "My dream is not to be a singer, I actually want to be a pilot."
But he said something else... "My Dad told me before to quit choir. But I told him 'No'."

It's kinda freaky if you were in his shoes... as i can imagine. (I had my fair share of waking up late when I was in P6. My Maths is good, but that's because I was slow in working out answers. "慢工出细货", this phrase really applied to me when i was in Primary school.

So, my point? I just wanna commend Ben Lam... He's 3 CCAs to cope with, and yet he still decided to persevere with all 3. Even I can't do that, just to be up-front about it. Not only that, he's also very dedicated and disciplined. He's not Bo-chap... he continues to face the problem.

Another reason why i bring up this story is for those who are stressed to look around them. Others are facing the same thing as you, if not for worse or better.

p3rs3v3r3. d!sc!pl!n3. c0mm!tm3nt. are you strong enough to even spell them?

No comments: