Saturday, 31 January 2009
Sunday, 25 January 2009
- When you're FINALLY done, tag 20 poor souls to slap them with this unreasonable, unnecessary and completely redundant waste of time.
- Don't forget to tag the person who tagged you, which means me.
- I can't have more than 10 peanuts, 2 bananas, or 2 eggs in one day. Otherwise, I will have breathing difficulties when I try to sleep, resulting in a sleepless night.
- I have only 2.4GB of HDD space left on my laptop (capacity = 160GB), and 35GB left on my Time Machine Drive (capacity = 500GB)
- I hate BlackBerry™. [Mac-users: Alt-Shift-2 for ™]
- I like sushi, passionfruit, vanilla ice-cream, and cherries. But not when they're mixed together.
- I hate melon.
- I have a short attention span when it comes to reading books. I read "Harry Potter And The Order Of Phoenix" till page 112, and I gave up. The book was 700+ pages thick.
- I enjoy listening to a lot of podcasts, such as NPR's "Wait Wait, Don't Tell Me" News Quiz, "Buzz Out Loud" from Cnet, "TWiT" (This Week in Tech), "MacBreak Weekly", "The Bugle- Audio Newspaper For A Visual World" and "Mahalo Daily", just to name a few.
- Because I consume so much podcast, which some refer to as "New Media", I watch no more than 2 hours of TV a week nowadays. In the past, it was a staggering ≥10h per week. [Mac-users: Alt-. for ≥]
- My left thigh has been twitching since the middle of 2008. It has subsided, but not stopped.
- I have been doing min. 50 sit-ups and 10 push-ups a day since I came back to Indonesia. [Yes, my arms are very weak. But I've been increasing the numbers to 100 sit-ups and 20 push-ups.]
- I love Adidas shoes more than Nike shoes. But I prefer Nike apparel over Adidas ones. Although I love Adidas Polo-Tees. They're awesome.
- I have not swam in more than a year.
- I read [past tense. Ah, English, why must the word 'read' have one spelling for two tenses?] Jem Pan's blog post on how he ran the SCM half-marathon in approximately 2h 13min, and is determined in beating his time, somehow.
- I like Teddy bears. Especially the ones that are golden-brown in colour, and have a smile.
- I bought a PSP, and want to play "Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII" on it. Still searching.
- I don't download music illegally anymore. Since 2006.
- I download free music regularly from iTunes' Free music of the week selection.
- I bought my MacBook Pro, my first Mac, on 18 June 2006. 2 years, 7 months, and one week later, I'm not regretting the purchase, just regretting not getting AppleCare™ with the purchase. Also, I want to switch to a new model that doesn't burn the skin or sound like a chainsaw or bend to cover the DVD slot.
- I had dreams of becoming these things: Working at the United Nations, being a Teacher, being an Olympian competing in the swimming competitions, being in an A Cappella group, being in SYCES, being a sound engineer, being an acoustics technician, being a photojournalist for NatGeo or CNN [not that iReport thing] or Time Magazine, being as famous as Vincent Laforet, working at the Genius Bar, going through Bible school, doing community work in Africa or Timor Leste, going on a mission trip, being an advocate for tree planting + electric cars + clean coal technology + environmental conservation and protection, running a marathon.
- I never wanted to be a doctor. Never did, never will. Sorry, Miss Seah.
Thursday, 22 January 2009
Tuesday, 20 January 2009
Saturday, 17 January 2009
Thursday, 15 January 2009
Wednesday, 14 January 2009
Tuesday, 13 January 2009
Jan. 11th, 2009 at 8:51 PM
So. O-level results come out tomorrow. It's something I told myself I wouldn't dwell on, but as the hour draws ever nearer, you can't help but glance over your shoulder at the horrible, vile thing looming behind you, which you really shouldn't take literally because it tends to induce paranoia.
I'm not going to write things like "oh, I'm so screwed" or "hey, I think I'll do pretty well" or crap that you see on anybody else's blog. Most people, around this time, tend to write things that are all emo and s**t, or tend to proclaim their prowess in academia and pretend to be all modest about it at the same time, which really pisses me off. These are the d**ks who always go "I'm not going to do so well! I mean, I screwed up my physics..." Then they get 6 points and they piss and moan again about how "I could have gotten 4...!"
Then, of course, there are the spiritual people who keep telling others, "oh, God will take care of it". Now, I really don't mind that, but it really tends to get annoying after the fifty-thousandth and thirty-sixth time you've heard it. I am truly and honestly happy for you that you have such faith in God, and I equally honestly wish I had that kind of devotion, but I'm sorry, it gets horribly tedious after a while.
1. Started your own blog
2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch - video
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables - beansprouts
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill - P1 in RVPS. Slight muscle ache. But my form teacher happened to be sick on that day anyway, so I didn't miss anything. Still remember it till today...
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping - Disgusting!
27. Run a Marathon - also work in progress for myself
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset - And shot it!
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors - Medan, Surabaya, and China?
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language - English, Mandarin, Japanese, Italian, Francais.
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling - snorkelled
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud - Sec3 Camp
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Boy Scout Cookies - Choir Cookies and lanyard count, right?
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
67. Bounced a cheque
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible - Chunks of the Old Testament not yet read...
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous - RI President SBY('s car)
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one - My Grandmother and eldest Aunt
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a lawsuit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
100. Read an entire book in one day - Roald Dahl books!
Monday, 12 January 2009
Also, WTF is up with skinnies? They really look like torture devices more than a fashion statement. One guy wore em. Legs were never straight when he stands. Always bends a bit. He's probably in pain, yet feeling fashionable.
Kids these days...
Sunday, 11 January 2009
Just went to my guardian's house. Picked up some stuff, chatted a bit.
Kind if a bittersweet moment. To think I spent the last 9 years in
Nothing much to say, I guess.
Except, there's one thing I must say.
Aaron, I received the Christmas card. I'm really touched. Heard you
hand-delivered the card by bike. Gosh. Really thank you man. Haven't
had time to read it yet, but I will when I have the chance.
Oh, a general notice: I will cease to use my SingTel number
(81216297), tentatively as of 4pm tomorrow (12Jan09).
There. My handphone number is on the World Wide Web. SPAM expected.
Sent from my iPhone
Saturday, 10 January 2009
Friday, 9 January 2009
Got this from Chen Lin's blog. He got it from one of the Eugenes in the Blog-o-sphere.
So here goes:
1. Put your iTunes/Napster/Zune Player/WinAmp/etc on shuffle.
2. For each question, press the next button to get your answer.
3. YOU MUST WRITE THAT SONG NAME DOWN NO MATTER HOW SILLY IT SOUNDS!
4. Tag 10 or more friends who might enjoy doing this as well as the person you got it from.
IF SOMEONE SAYS "IS THIS OKAY" YOU SAY?
Fever Fly (Electrico)
If it's a fever, so it's ok.
WHAT DO YOU LIKE IN A GIRL?
Everytime [Hi-Bias Radio Remix] (Britney Spears)
Everytime she's biased to the 'hi's, the radio is remixed. i like that?!
HOW DO YOU FEEL TODAY?
Fluorescent (Gwen Stefani)
Like a jellyfish.
WHAT IS YOUR LIFE'S PURPOSE?
Hide Away (Hilary Duff)
erm, to hide?
WHAT IS YOUR MOTTO?
Pie Jesu (Les Choristes En Concert)
Oh, got it. "Pie Jesu" = "Lamb of Lord." indeed...
WHAT DO YOUR FRIENDS THINK OF YOU?
Saturdays (Nelly Furtado)
I'm like Saturdays? Well, is that a lazy work day, or a rest day? what do you think?
WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR PARENTS?
Like Toy Soldiers (Eminem)
Like to soldiers, eh?
WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT VERY OFTEN?
See You In My Nightmare (Kanye West)
Wow, that's deep...
WHAT IS 2+2?
L'an 2001 (Les Petits Chenteurs De Saint-Marc)
NO!!! it's 4!
WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR BEST FRIEND?
All About Us (t.A.T.u.)
Erm, we're self-centred, eh?
WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE PERSON YOU LIKE?
Get Me Out Of Here (Marion Raven)
yeah, get me out of this question here.
WHAT IS YOUR LIFE STORY?
What's Left Of Me (Nick Lachey)
Yep.My life story is what's left of me.
WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GROW UP?
High And Lifted Up (Hillsong Live)
Who doesn't want GOD to be high and lifted up?
Oh wait, is this me? erm, cool? I'll be tall and carried around by lifts and Segways! Nice!
WHAT DO YOU THINK WHEN YOU SEE THE PERSON YOU LIKE?
Bad Day (Daniel Powter)
She'll have a bad day, so will I, and we'll connect! nice...
WHAT DO YOUR PARENTS THINK OF YOU?
Hello (Timbaland feat. Keri Hilson and Attitude)
I'm a surprise?
WHAT WILL YOU DANCE TO AT YOUR WEDDING?
Stay Away (Electrico)
stay away from me when I dance. I can't. In other news, this song is nice.
OK!WHAT WILL THEY PLAY AT YOUR FUNERAL?
The Best Damn Thing (Avril Lavigne)
How INappropriate. Let me emphasize the "IN" in INappropriate.
WHAT IS YOUR HOBBY/INTEREST?
The Voice Within (Christina Aguilera)
I can go two ways from here: Psychology, or Vocals. I'll take both. So appropriate!
WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR FRIENDS?
Cemetries of London (Coldplay)
Erm, that they're dead to me? wow. So INappropriate.
WHAT'S THE BEST THING THAT COULD HAPPEN?
No Frontier (The Corrs)
Having no borders between nations. Free immigration! TOTALLY! except for the terrorist and crime bit.
HOW WILL YOU DIE?
Dancing in the Moonlight (Toploader)
WHAT IS THE ONE THING YOU REGRET?
My Moon My Man (Feist)
WHAT MAKES YOU LAUGH?
The Geeks Get The Girl (The American Hi-Fi)
I'm a jock? Wow...
WHAT MAKES YOU CRY?
So Young (The Corrs)
WILL YOU EVER GET MARRIED?
I dare. Now, I dare you!
WHAT SCARES YOU THE MOST?
Where Is The Love (Black Eyed Peas)
Having no love scares me.
DOES ANYONE LIKE YOU?
Lough Erin Shore (The Corrs)
It's a long story, like a shore...
IF YOU COULD GO BACK IN TIME, WHAT WOULD YOU CHANGE
Heart Beat Rock (Kylie Minogue)
Yeah. Change that. It'll be Paper beat rock! Oh, wait, it has been changed...
WHAT HURTS RIGHT NOW?
One Of Us (ABBA)
WHAT WILL YOU POST THIS AS?
Tangled (Maroon 5)
Appropriate level = 40%. Quite high...
Tuesday, 6 January 2009
It has the basic effects editor. Something I didn't have access to other than through Adobe software. Adobe Premiere Pro is no iLife in ease and speed.
Oh, the 17" MBP battery? cool stuff.
Oh, great job on Apple for getting the 100% DRM-free 10M songs by end of Q1'08. never thought that will happen.
Still waiting for Snow Leopard, Blu-ray, and i7.
Oh, about my predictions. I'll jump to the results: 0/6. Seriously. Go check the post.
Apple Introduces Revolutionary New Laptop With No Keyboard
Monday, 5 January 2009
Saturday, 3 January 2009
Friday, 2 January 2009
- Life in Technicolor II by Coldplay
- Love Lockdown by Kanye West
- Nine In The Afternoon by Panic At The Disco
- Not Coming Back by Daniel Powter
- Take A Bow by Rihanna
- Better Than This by Keane
- Stupid for You by Marié Digby
- The Show by Lenka
- Details in the Fabric by Jason Mraz feat. Jason Morrison
- Rainy Day by Coldplay
Thursday, 1 January 2009
- Phil will talk about why Apple is no longer having Steve-notes.
- New iMac with Nvidia chipsets.
- New Mac Mini with Nvidia chipsets, and a new smaller package.
- New Mac Pro with Core i7, reduced price.
- iPhone nano? Well, there are quite a lot of talk about a shrunk-down iPhone. I'm guessing a global unlocked 2.5G phone.
- Snow Leopard? Some sort of a preview and release date.