Saturday 3 January 2009

When will the 'O' Level Results be released in '09?

I've been observing the patterns from past years, thanks to the MOE Press Release page.

If you look at most of the major exams in the past few years, MOE tends to announce the date of the release of results for any major exam on the Monday of the week when it is actually released.

Sounds convoluted? Let's say the PSLE exams are released on Thursday, 4 Nov xxxx [hypothetically speaking, of course]. Then, MOE will announce on the Monday of that week, 1 Nov, that the results will be released on 4 Nov, and candidates are to report to school at noon / 2pm on that day.

Notice I used "Thursday" in the above example. From what I saw, most of the exam results are released on either Thursdays or Fridays, so I assume that we will still see a Thursday/Friday release this year.

Based on what we all know, the results will be released in "early January". The question? How early?

Last year, the results were released on 24 Jan 08. It's got to be earlier this year. Ms Seah posted the guesstimated date of 19 Jan 09. Personally, I think it can be earlier.

I am narrowing my choices to the first 2 full weeks of January. i.e.: 5-9, 12-16 Jan.

Let's narrow further down to the Thursdays & Fridays. 8, 9, 15, 16 Jan.

Here's a hint. If we don't get a notification from MOE on Monday, 5 Jan, of any results release date, we can be 80% sure it's released on either 15 or 16 Jan.

I am guessing it will be released on Thursday, late-early January.
My Guesstimate: 15 Jan 2009

But whatever you do, don't take my word for it.
Check out the MOE Press Release / TV news on 5 & 12 Jan

No comments: