Saturday 17 January 2009

summary of what I know about POA...

OK, I must say, without the textbook, the beginning chapters are, like, one big "Huh?"

Debit? Credit?

But after searching online a little bit, things became a bit easier to understand.

DEAD. Debit increases Expenses, Assets, and Drawings / Dividends.
and it does the opposite to Liabilities, Revenues, and Capital.
So, Check out the accounts involved, its kind (AEDLRC), effect (increase / decrease), and then decide whether it's a debit or credit transaction.
I also realised: the debit = credit in any transaction.

You only record the purchases and sales of goods, not fixed assets.
And you don't record trade discounts, only cash discounts.

Ok, I've more or less gone through the stuff on Double Entry Recording of Business Transactions for debtors accounts. Moving on to Creditors Accounts soon...

One term's worth of stuff in a week. A good start, I'ld say (and hope. I don't know what I don't know.).

If you didn't get whatever I just typed, ignore this post. It's one of those "Only if you know" kind of posts. Like the posts in Bahasa Indonesia, which were meant only for those who understand, but in English.

No comments: