Sunday 3 June 2007

reply to posts on my tagboard

haven't done one of these bulk post replying thing in ages...

Anyway, here are the posts and replies!

2 Jun 07, 22:57
Deci: ronald, i kinda prefer yr old skin...and plzchange the pic of yrself...its horrible...seriusly..i'd rather u take yrself smiling than giving tt dumb look...
My reply: My explanation to the new skin coming up... and sure, I will change my picture every once in a while... But have you seen me smile after lunch? and since this is the holidays, that means it's "germ germinating season"... so, you can imagine...

2 Jun 07, 22:59
Deci: heck, bensee and stingray went to the IT show too...
My reply:Yeah, I heard. But anyway, I also went with Zexun and Chen Lin [Zexun's band senior, my former senior in 2 ways, whole other discussion].

3 Jun 07, 13:12
LRY: ronald smiles?
My reply: I smile when I want people to see my teeth, which was common before I got braces...

3 Jun 07, 13:59
Raymond: deci, u 4got lum
My reply: err, raymond, make things clear when u post.... do you mean that Timothy went with you to PC Show, or do you mean that Tim smiles? i'm really confused...

3 Jun 07, 20:10
daniel: tha'ts nice to know. how's school? i hear you're talking an extra subject!
My reply: extra subject? no larh... just 2 electives, and im not d only one... there's d new guy who came after u [John], Atticus, and maybe more...


Ok, now my reply to why I changed my blog skin...

I have to manage quite a few blogs. ronfiles, ronfilesgallery, and now, the 3sa class blog.

I was thinking that I should keep my blogs' templates simple and standardised such that I will not have a mental burden with being able to single-handedly correct my own codes.

Ok, that was very technical, but the point is, I don't want to use my own code for all my blogs. If my code has a fault somewhere, I have to find it and correct it.

I'm not exactly the most "free" person in blog land... so, i have decided to push my codes aside and settle for Blogger's standard blog skins.

Why? well,
1, i don't need to touch HTML codes that often anymore when I want a design change.
2, my blog has fewer compatibility errors on the various browsers. I think Ren Yuan will agree with me that my code was horrendous enough to mess up his Internet Explorer web browser... And I wouldn't know since I'm on a Mac, running Vista only once every month.
3, this skin makes addition of gadgets n widgets a lot easier. If you remember, I was having a hard time adding a "imeem" playlist widget on d previous skin. Now, with a dedicated sidebar, I can add that back.

By the way, for those who complain my blog looks horrendous, did you try stretching your browser window to a slightly wider format? It will look a lot better. I know that because I am using a Widescreen laptop, and I stretch my windows until I reach visual nirvana.

I hope my essay is good enough a reason to change to Blogger's standars skin. Please be understanding and just bear with it. After all, a blog is supposed to be about the blog posts. Its content.

Don't make blogging another American Idol, where hair matters more than the singing. [stares at Sanjaya].

Once again, sorry for the inconvenience, and I hope you will be kind and understanding.

While i'm at the apologies, I will be gone from 8 Jun 07 to 18 Jun 07 on my school's Art trip to Italy. And after that, I will again be gone from 19 Jun 07 to 24 Jun 07 on vacation in Indonesia with my family.

Also, I'ld like everyone to pray for a smooth delivery as my sis-in-law gives birth to baby number 2... Yes, I'm already an uncle, and yes, My eldest bro's married, and Yes, m eldest bro is 27 this year, with my sis-in-law born 1 month later only.

If all goes fine, the Caesarian operation should be on 5 Jun 07, my sis-in-law's 27th Birthday.

Talk about a mom and her son being born on the same date, 27 years apart...

No comments: