Sunday 1 June 2008

Laminin...

“He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by him all things were created; things in heaven and on earth , visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. He is before all things,

and in him all things HOLD TOGETHER. ”
Col 1:15-17

Thought I should share what I heard from church service yesterday that wow-ed me. Pastor Tan was telling us about a self-adhesive protein which holds our muscle tissues together. He told us that if this protein is not properly formed, then our muscles will go hay-wire. But that was not the amazing part. What's most amazing about this protein is its appearance. I wanted to just link to the Google Image Search page for this protein, Laminin, but I thought: Heck. Might as well just show it.

So here it is.









Amazing, isn't it? These things actually exist in our body, to hold our muscles together!

No comments: