Sunday 24 August 2008

damn it. SIM card activation tomorrow...

I'll let twitter do the intro...

Ronald Liongronfiles Nerdgasm.
Icon_star_empty
Icon_trash
Ronald Liongronfiles Got my iPhone 3G at last!!! Super elated!

Yes, iPhone 3G.

I spent approximately 2hours, from finding the START of the queue [they broke it up into segments...], waiting in the rain, trying the phone out, filling up some forms, talking to people, holding umbrellas [it rained so badly, one segment of the wet weather queue was affected by rain, so we had to hold an umbrella, let go as the queue moves, and then hold another umbrella. think of it as 'passing the parcel', only the person holding the parcel moves, while the parcels stay where they are].

Then, my nerdgasm starts.

I was finally inside Singtel ComCentre, waiting for my queue number [yeah. that long queue going around comcentre? that's a queue for a queue number! how fun!]

my turn.

That was 1 hour 10 minutes. Not too shabby, considering the rain, and the amount of time the queue entertainers actually let me TOUCH and USE an iPhone 3G. Which, by the way, feels like a nice pebble / paperweight. PERFECT stone!

Gave them the forms I had to fill up. Told her I wanted the BOM plan which costs $19.90 / month. [remember my last post?] [btw, BOM = Broadband on Mobile. this is the only place where saying 'bom' won't get you pummelled onto the ground by a huge guy]

She spent around 30 minutes trying to figure out WTF is this BOM plan. within the first 15, she found out what it's called. BOM Plus.

The first 15 min is partially my bad, i guess.

The next 15 minutes? She was figuring out how to find BOM Plus under the service activation programme / web page on her PC. Could be because they haven't implemented it on the systems yet. So, she asked me to pick up the BOM 1000 instead. $22 per month, 50GB data, rather than 500MB of Plus, but 1Mbps DL speed. heck, the iPhone ain't a PC, anyway. So, I said ok.

let's see, 1h 40 minutes.

the last 20 minutes was mainly another 15 minutes of figuring out why my existing 3G SIM card doesn't work.

She gave me a new sim card, but told me I can't use it till tomorrow, coz they need to activate it first. Urgh!

Then, payment time, and then chow time.

Anyway, yes, I effectively just bought an iPod touch + paper weight. not an iPhone. this is, of course, EFFECTIVELY.

But, just you watch. by tomorrow, I'll be making calls on an iPhone. and iPod touch + a phone.

Oh, the GPS is only a bit more sensitive than the touch for some reason. Can't lock onto GPS signal, even from outside my home. Can someone help me out?

No comments: