Wednesday 16 September 2009

music chart for the moment - the triple-whammy edition

Because I really don't have anything else to post.

Music Track Chart for the moment...
1. Muse - Uprising
2. Muse - Undisclosed Desires
3. The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart Club Band
4. The Beatles - Yellow Submarine
5. Muse - I Belong to You / Mon cœur s'ouvre à ta voix
6. Muse - United States of Eurasia / Collateral Damage (Excerpt from Nocturne in E-Flat, Op. 9 No. 2)
7. The Beatles - Let It Be
8. Muse - Exogenesis: Symphony (3 parts)
9. Colbie Cailat - Fallin' For You
10. Imogen Heap - First Train Home
11. Jay-Z feat. Rihanna & Kanye West - Run This Town
12. Nelly Furtado - Manos al Aire

Yes, I broke the numero-uno rule of charting: do not put the same artiste/band one after the other in a single chart.

Well, the UK singles chart had a couple of songs either done by or done in collaboration with Lady Gaga. What does this show? If an artiste/band is really good, then he/she/they should be allowed to be charted more than once.

And you know what? Muse is really good, in my opinion. And this chart is all about my taste. So, there you go, the Devon trio is awesome.

Oh, while I'm talking about charts, I thought I should put up an "Albums for the moment" chart, too.

Album Chart for the moment...
1. Muse - The Resistance
2. Imogen Heap - Ellipse
3. The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart Club Band
4. The Beatles - The Beatles (The White Album)
5. The Beatles - Yellow Submarine

And to make this post a triple-whammy to make up for my lack of blog posting (I'm SORRY! Read my tweets, please!), and to celebrate the launch of the Beatles's Remasters, I'm creating an album-by-album selection of the greatest hits from the Beatles. It's a long list, so be prepared...
List of Beatles Tracks you've probably heard before...(an album-by-album breakdown)
A Hard Day's Night: 
Can't Buy Me Love

Abbey Road: 
Octopus's Garden; Here Comes The Sun

Beatles For Sale: 
Eight Days A Week

Help!: 
Help!, Yesterday

Let It Be: 
Across The Universe; Let It Be; Get Back

Magical Mystery Tour: 
Hello, Goodbye; All You Need Is Love

Please Please Me: 
Love Me Do; Do You Want To Know A Secret; Twist And Shout

Revolver: 
Taxman; Eleanor Rigby; Here, There And Everywhere

Rubber Soul: 
In My Life

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band: 
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band; With A Little Help From My Friends; Good Morning Good Morning; Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)

White Album: 
Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da; Martha My Dear; I'm So Tired; Blackbird; Piggies; Rocky Raccoon; Julia; Revolution 1

With The Beatles:
(sorry, there's none that I know people will know for sure / heard before)

Yellow Submarine: 
Yellow Submarine; All You Need Is Love

Then, of course, there's the Past Masters...

Past Masters:
Love Me Do; From Me To You; I Want To Hold Your Hand / Komm, Gib Mir Deine Hand; Hey Jude

There. I hope that this blog post has

-informed you of the awesome tunes that have been released / re-released recently,
-informed you of the latest album releases/re-releases, and
-produced a list of the popular Beatles tracks that you should listen to if you're new to them.

And by the way, no I didn't buy the 13 albums. I don't buy physical albums anymore (i.e.: living the iTunes lifestyle).

I'll wait for the digital downloads to go on sale. And if it never will, then so be it. I'll just stream the 30s loops on the Beatles website.

K. Bye for now. Happy listening!

No comments: