Saturday 19 December 2009

Movies...

Just came back from the cinema. Watched Avatar in 3D - the second movie that I managed to watch in 3D. It's a brilliant work, I must say. Don't want to give spoilers, but the story's brilliant, and it's even better in 3D, with its use of the z-dimension to create visual depth and detail. I highly recommend catching this movie in 3D if you can, even if you've watched a 3D movie before.

And if you've seen the movie, there's one question that I have to ask about the storyline - one that still baffles me.


SPOILER ALERT> Highlight over the next few lines to see the text

We all know that the "Sky People" managed to bring down the treehouse above the ore that they were after. Then, why were they still after the Navi people when they have clear access to the area? Why did they attack the Navi again? I'm a bit lost.

END of SPOILER.

Once I get an answer to this question, I'll change my rating on the movie. But if I can't, I'm afraid I'll have to call this an attempt at upping the action level, and hence give it a 7/10. Which is already a high score, even with this glaring question mark that remained at the end of the movie.

And by the way, if you're wondering why I haven't been tweeting or FB-ing, let's just say I'm not buying a SIM card for my iPhone - my main tweeting/FB-ing device. Which means I can only access FB/Twitter when there's WiFi, which is only when I'm home, which is quite rare.

So please don't tell me I need to tweet more. I'm in Facebook/Twitter rehab, and it's not that bad. Especially since it's Christmas - talk to some real people, alright?

Have a jolly Christmas, everyone! (in case I don't blog again till after X-mas)

No comments: