Sunday 18 April 2010

On my room...

A lot of you have been asking about my room...

I wished people asked more about my room.
Well, let's pretend you care about it as much as I do, and talk home decor.


Welcome to my room!

From L-R:
•"Swim" 7" (Surfer Blood) on the Toilet door,
•"Contra" Poster (Vampire Weekend) opposite the mirror, so that whenever I look in the mirror for too long, I get reminded by the disgusted girl in the album art that I should get a move on.
•An Installation Work that I'm working on in my room - trying to make a tree-structure using spare / dead earphones. (Yes, I still need more. Do donate them if you have any you can give, and if you're in Brighton).
•"The XX" Poster (The xx) on the right of the mirror. Over it, there's a brochure which I took from the Manchester Art Museum, which says "Welcome".







L-R:
My desk - a bit messy.
My Installation work - Work-in-progress. Pictured with Two Door Cinema Club's latest album.
Mirror - Get the 'disgusted girl' idea now?





Close-up of my desk.
Clockwise from Top-L:
Shelf of books and files - nothing interesting there.
Blackboard - Top Gear Calendar, Bits of paper, lanyards, post-its, my Bose QC15s (an extension of my installation work - the cable merely dangles on other earpieces, so I can grab the headphones and keep the work intact.)
On the desk - cups/bottles, empty tissue box meant for receipts for accounting purposes, Sunjar, notepad with Magic Mouse, my plot of grass, two light sources - one has a tissue roll above it. And of course, my beloved gadgets - MBP, iPhone, JBL speakers.




My bed and cupboard.
L-R:
Never-closed cupboard door for hanging jackets,
"Með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust" (Sigur Ros) 12"
An array of photos, including images of my laptop screen (hidden away, but available on Flickr), The donut near Brighton pier, two of Hove beach side-by-side, interrupted by The XX (The xx) 12", then an image of the Spinnaker at Portsmouth, and another of a brick-and-mortar building in Birmingham (all are available in the "UK" set on my Flickr page).

Below the images: a row of CDs that I got from the textbooks that I bought, visually connected by a spoilt cable that used to be for my Bose QC15s (don't worry, I got a free replacement from Bose). The first disc has a post-it note.

Oh, and if you look closely, you might see that the vinyl case has something stuck at the middle of the white "X". It's my pitch-pipe - the one with the overly-sharp High F. These things make good indicators for how I'm leaning, in terms of an array of options. You see, 3 of the 4 CDs had post-it notes written on them, detailing my options for University. Speaking of which...




The Post-it Note.
For weeks, the pitch pipe has been pointing towards this Post-it (or an 'E', if you want to know the note). By process of elimination, it seems like that's how I'm choosing for my UCAS...

No comments: