Saturday 14 April 2007

Evolution of an audiophile...

I've made my new mark in my journey towards audiophile status...

When I first ripped CDs, i did it at 128kbps WMA

then, i jumped to 128kbps MP3

then, i skipped up to 192 kbps MP3...

and last year, i went for AAC 160kbps. lower bitrate, but good quality.

Today, I've just went from AAC 160kbps...

to Apple Lossless (+/- 1000kbps) !!!

I must say... lossless is great... it's basically CD Quality with almost no compression...

best of all, there's still no DRM...

anyway, just to show you my collection so far, it consists of there tracks.. (hey, lossless isn't 3MB in size!)

-Justin Timberlake - SexyBack
-Justin Timberlake - What Goes Around Comes Around
-Gwen Stefani - Now That You've Got It
-The Fray - How To Save A Life
-The Fray - Over My Head (Cable Car)
-Black Eyed Peas - They Don't Want Music

and this Album...

-The Corrs - Borrowed Heaven

Liking the quality so far... [maybe it's coz i only re-ripped my favourites in Lossless]

LOSSLESS| the way music should be encoded...

No comments: