Friday 29 February 2008

B!TCH

I just want to rant on how some people have really taken for granted certain things that I've done...

Firstly, Class Comm meeting. Maybe it's just me, but I always felt as if Melvin, Ryan and gang are always pulling down my suggestion, labeling my suggestions with a huge "REJECT" before I even finished explaining my proposal. If it weren't for Matt [and my stepping on a couple of  heads, raising my voice], I probably won't have an audible voice during the meeting just now.

Secondly, Choir Prac on Thursday. 
I'm not posting this on the choir blog coz I don't think it's appropriate to do a PR stunt there and naming names of my juniors, kinda pai-seh to do it there. Rather my personal space which has little visible affiliation. 
Anyway, back to the point, Gabriel, our librarian, was charging Sherwin 50cents because he didn't bring his score, and he had to borrow from Gabriel. Ok, fair enough, didn't bring, just borrow. But don't forget to pay the fine. Gabriel reminded Sherwin to pay 50cents. Sherwin objected. He was all "why should I pay? since when got such thing?" He went all conspiracy-theory and tin-foil-hat. Like we're some corrupt money-grubbing organisation. Rebuttal? Well, in a lawyer-esque style, I got down and dirty into the solid evidence. Showed him the letter with the Official Choir rules attached.

Point 3, sub-point 1: "If they (the members of the choir) fail to bring their scores, they will be fined $0.50 for each score."

Did sherwin shut up and admit defeat?

No. He's a debater, my friends (and foes who read my blog. Yeah, I know who you are.). A debater who does not know when to admit defeat or when to accept facts. I know the way CCAs are run is pretty much authoritarian regime-ish / Communist-esque, but well, if you're not happy, just shut up, move back to your position, and learn your music! in two words: F*** off. Don't bug authorities about the unquestionable.


Which leads me to another thing I was thinking of. Why do people refuse to follow authorities? I was walking back to Bio Class towards the end of recess. He bought a packet drink and brought it to the main building. The school Discipline Master;s been emphasising that food and canned / packet drinks are not allowed in the main building.

ME: "You do know that's not allowed in the main building, right?"
Zexun: "Who cares?"



That's not the only case. I often see people in school  who think they strike a "coolness" impression across. Yeah, John, I know you're eating up this bullcrap. Well, maybe it's arrogance, maybe it's ego. A huge-ass ego 10x larger than him. 

Then there's the other genre of people. People who perceive me as an insignificant geek lurking at the back of the class, maybe in a drawer. You take him out when you need him, you leave him to collect dust and receive bullshit when you don't. Mostly "jocks", if your definition of a jock is a dude who plays sports and doesn't care about others. [Zong Ren doesn't count.]

Now I understand why Singapore needs NS. It's to brainwash these kinds of people to be patriotic people who will obey the law and their authorities. Get rid of the trouble-maker ideas, to wash out the country's bugs. Well, waiting till 18's not really helpful when the kid's still 15. They need to know respect. Before they can flaunt an 'O' Level Certificate, preferably.

I think people are taking for granted the fact that they exist. It's as if the world revolves around them. Well, if that's true, then move faster. The Earth seems to be slowing down, thanks to you. Literally, the Earth is slowing down. to Quote Wiki:

"Over millions of years, the rotation is significantly slowed by gravitational interactions with the Moon: see tidal acceleration."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth%27s_rotation


[btw, who was the retard to but the recycling bin for cans in the main building, next to the lift?]

OK, i think this rant really let go of some things on my mind. yeah, I know I'm in quite some shenanigans after this post. But hey, this is my blog. It's my psychiatrist who knows no privacy.

No comments: