Saturday 23 February 2008

Juno

Just watched Juno. 

I must say, sitting in Row 2 is really an awkward feeling looking upwards at the screen. 

But otherwise, I think Juno was a great movie. Good mix of hard-hitting stories, plus humour and puns. Very original, and definitely not over-commercialized. And I like Ellen Page. She looks cute. Kinda reminds me of some X-Men movie character...

Juno's very well-written. I'm just kind-of sad that the movie is so low-profile and that it's given an NC-16 rating. Nothing too explicit in the movie, I felt. Other than quite a lot of junk / sexual references and that middle finger shot. But besides these things which are already so ordinary to teenagers and pop culture, the movie would have been suitable for more matured teens. Well, what can I say? the local censors board's screwed anyway. They gave "Heroes Season 1 DVD" and "The Office [USA]" NC-16s. Jokers.

Well, enough complaints about the censors. I think those who rarely watch movies [and are above 16] should give this film a try. It's not necessarily the theme that you'll relate to, but you'll be immersed in the film anyway.

Oh, it's not more than 2 hours. In fact, it's just 90 minutes.

My rating: 4.5 / 5

No comments: