Thursday 4 March 2010

Stuff I've been hooked on recently.

This is going to be one of my meta posts - I just post a random list of stuff that I've been hooked on, and you get to try some of them.

Yep. It's that simple.

Anyway, Let's start with Music.

Been listening to a few artistes that I've recently been introduced to / come across. Ellie Goulding, Marina and the Diamonds, Stereophonics, Phoenix, The xx. At the same time, I'm getting hooked on stuff that's been in the middle of my commute playlist - in other words, the part that I never really get to on a normal day, beacuse I set my playlist to be so darn long. Florence & The Machine's "Dog Days Are Over" have been ringing in my ears.

Oh, for all the Imogen Heap fans out there, she's jsut uploaded this track called "The Shepherdess", created and recorded 'live' at her recent gig in Shepherd's Bush. Do go over to her website and download it if you have a credit card - the proceeds go to a local hospital in London. Apparently, Immi's trying this out - recording tracks and selling them on her site, giving the proceeds to a local charitable organisation of her choice.

Moving on, let's talk about iPhone Apps.

As many of you know, I've been using TuneIn Radio and Sleep Cycle really really often recently - probably the most used app, along with TweetDeck, Facebook, Engadget and The Guardian apps. Games-wise, I've gone geek again, recently - World Maths Day 2010 is on my phone, people. And if you have never downloaded Toobz-Free, where have you been? It's probably one of my favourite free apps on the App Store.

There's also Riddim Ribbon, which just added... drum roll, please.... .... ... 1 more track! Well, when I say 1, what I really mean is 1 remix of 2 BEP tracks - Imma Bee, and Rock That Body (another one of my 'hooked-onto-recently' tracks). But at least we know Tapulous is working on stuff for Riddim Ribbon. So go get it!

Oh, and if you're in the UK, and you're looking for the best rail guide app, there's no looking elsewhere - National Railway and CrossCountry are both great when used together. One's £4.99, the other's $0.00. Get 'em both when you're planning a train journey/checking train times!


That's all for now. Gotta rush to class!

No comments: