Sunday 9 December 2007

Freaky happenings...

It's December!!!

It's, like, the friggin final month of the year!!!

Anyway, I've been encountering out-of-the-ordinary stuff recently...

Let's start with yesterday.

Yesterday, I was taking the MRT from Changi Airport to City Hall via Tanah Merah, after fetching my parents to the airport.

When the train left Expo and was going towards Tanah Merah, the train accelerated, and then decelerated before coming to a complete halt, just around 20meters away from Expo. Then, not long after [around 10s], the train left as per normal. However, just as the train is in between Expo and Tanah Merah where there's the slopes and different tracks thingy, the train came to a halt again. for 3 whole minutes! Everyone on the train was like, "err... ok... wtf is going on?" Anyway, that's the first odd happening.

Number 2: as I was saying, I went to City Hall, coz I wanted to go to HMV. It's @ CityLink Mall. CityLink Mall had some sort of a blackout. All their yellow/white incandescent [i think?] lights went off for a moment. However, during the "blackout", the lights in all the shops and the blueish fluorescent tube lights at the ceiling above the escalators were still on. Weird, huh?

P.s.: Props to HMV for still stocking older 'pop' music albums like
'Whoa, Nelly!' and 'FolkLore' by Nelly Furtado and
"Speak For Yourself" by Imogen Heap.
HMV was the only store that still stocked these titles. Other shops, like CDRama [cheap, but not very good inventory], Borders [messy catalogue], That CD Shop [weird stocking method] didn't have it. HMV rocks!!!


Oh, btw, I forgot to say, on the day I bought my iPod Touch, I bought a Sennheiser CX300 in-ear headphones. Tested it on the train, on my guardians, in the toilet, and on my bed. it's comfortable, it's got awesome sound quality, nice bass, great-enough sound isolation [better than my PX200], but the cable is too short, too springy, and makes an irritating sound when the cable moves. Oh, the hissing sound from the headphones is irritating, too. Rating from me:

iPod earphones: 5/10
Sennheiser PX200: 7/10
Sennheiser CX300: 8/10

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ron,CX300 is good. My dad uses it while on the airplane. Cuz he bought this haedphones from the SIA on-board flight stall. It comes with the flight adapter, pretty cool. But for me, I wanna save up for a good Shure in-ear headphones.