Sunday 5 October 2008

OMGWTFIWANMBP

definition: Oh My Goodness What The Fudge I Want A New MacBook Pro

The stars are indeed aligned...

1. My MacBook Pro is dying. The fan is screwed, the hard drive is packed, the DVD slot is no longer functional because the aluminium bit has overexpanded, and the case is in terrible condition.

And yet, God has answered my prayers with a solution to all the problems above...

2. According to 9to5mac.com, Apple has switched their manufacturing process for the aluminium case . It's now made using lasers cut from one whole block of aluminium, rather than carving out the way they are now with Foxconn.

3. They're getting some funny Nvidia GPU and MoBo for the new model. Hopefully, this will cause the case to be thinner, the laptop to support Blu-Ray [without draining the battery], and some people claimed better power management with this MoBo.

4. I'm still hoping the HDD is replaceable, like in the MacBooks.

5. I'm still on an Intel Core Duo, for goodness sake, with an underclocked ATi Mobility Radeon X1600. The Apple Stats have shown: The current model's GPU is 220% as fast as my current laptop, and the CPU, around 160%. And best of all, these models don't burn your skin. [or man-parts.]


Me wants a new macbook pro.
If not, a Mac Pro.

No comments: