Thursday 2 October 2008

chips galore


chips galore, originally uploaded by ronaldLIONG|.

went to crack open my Mac today to clean up the bloody fan. Ok, it didn't have much blood. None, in fact. But I did find a couple dust-balls in there. Pretty disgusting, but glad that I removed them, and made my Mac cleaner on the inside.

Couple of problem popped up, and that was that
1) the HDD was left shaky and not screwed down from the time I swapped it out the last time. There was 4 screws I had to swap to the new HDD (that I didn't), which helped to dampen the HDD. But since I didn't, well, My HDD is at greater risk of failing. Oh well...
2) The bloody fan made the noise again. Bloody Hurricane...
3) The DVD slot on the front actually caved in, thanks to my right arm's constant leaning on it. Now, I can't use the DVD drive, unless I want the DVD stuck in there permanently, or get it scratched when dissecting the entire Mac out to pull it out. [That's what happened to my Daniel Powter CD, which I just bought today. Luckily, I ripped the songs first.]
4) I lost 4 screws off my Mac. Whoops.
5) I found out the wire over my right fan always overheats, and I saw some sort of melted plastic around the right speaker. Soldered, or melted? You be the judge.
6) My 50mm Canon lens can't shoot in AF and / or RAW.

Oh well, technology. You just can't trust them, can you?

Oh, off topic, since I'm ending this post soon: I got the lower braces off my teeth, retainers to come, and top ones are going soon. w00t!

And one more thing: In case you guys are still asking: my probability of staying in Singapore will be zero, UNLESS I can find an alternative accommodation option in Singapore [e.g.: a room for rent, with clothes washing, dinner, internet access, and a toilet.], and even then, the probability will only increase by 20%. At most.

and NO, i'm not going into Dentistry. Ever. Maybe Accountancy...

No comments: