Tuesday 28 October 2008

Super random music chart.

You'll see some older songs in this list, and some that may not have appeared on current music charts [i.e.: very new]. But trust me, this selection is not too shabby.

Just to be nice to you guys, I'll start off with a newbie.
  1. Keane - Better Than This
  2. John Mayer - My So Called Life
  3. Daniel Powter - My So Called Life
  4. Erin McCarley - Pony (It's OK)
  5. Lenka - The Show
  6. Keane - Spiralling
  7. Marié Digby - Stupid for You
  8. Jason Mraz - Love For A Child
  9. Daniel Powter - Not Coming Back
  10. The Ting Tings - Shut Up and Let Me Go
  11. Keane - Pretend That You're Alone Now
  12. Jason Mraz - Details In The Fabric
  13. Jason Mraz - I'm Yours
  14. Charlotte Sometimes - How I Could Just Kill A Man
  15. Lykke Li - I'm Good, I'm Gone

Yes, I just bought John Mayer's "Continuum". It's a great album. Perhaps I'm not used to Blues, and I normally don't associate myself with Blues, but John Mayer's enjoyable... Maybe it's an 'Apple cult' thing...

And about Keane's album, I have to say, Keane's going in a new direction from "Under The Iron Sea". Much like Avril Lavigne went from matured to punk in "Best Damn Thing" from her previous album, Keane went from guitar + keyboard to a little bit of techno / punk / electronica. A LITTLE BIT of EACH. It's not completely bad, but I was just not expecting Keane to go in this direction. Then again, their first album was so ballad, their second more modern, their third just electronica-ish. What's next for Keane? Can't wait. But now, let me sink in to the music while I revise for my exams.

Oh, speaking of exams, wishing all the O Levelers and A Levelers all the best [belated, current, and in advanced]. Also wanna wish a speedy full recovery to Jon Phang, who apparently just had a surgery over the Deepavali weekend. Saw him in school just now for the History paper, but he was not with the rest in the exam hall. Hope he still has enough time for the revisions.

Kinda sucks having to cope with some surgery aftermath in the midst of a major exams.

And I thought my Triple 2008 Birthday Whammy was bad. The first whammy was my birthday itself, which was a little unpleasant. The second was the Common Test, which I didn't do very well for. The third was my eosophagusitis-like disease, which caused me to take 3 MCs -the first and last in the last 4 years in SASS. The illness lasted a few days, and I still went to school for tests in the midst of the wheezing and nose leaking. Yeah, well, glad that's over.

Outlook for the rest of the year: CHC Arise and Build Campaign, Grad dinner, Pa Camp, Bratislavia, Fly to Indonesia, Prepare for Australia by March, Collect Results for 'O's in January, Canceling my Student Pass officially.

Reflecting upon the last 10 years in Singapore, I must say, I really sacrifices a lot of time away from my family [time which I could have gotten had I not been involved in any CCAs or competitions or overseas trips]. My parents probably aren't happy that I'm not with them, going on the various family trips overseas / missing out on major family events.

Just to name a few:
My Second bro's graduation,
My 2 nephews' birth,
my eldest aunt's funeral,
the family's countless trip to Japan, Hong Kong, Macau, Australia, France, China
my family's recent move to a new house,
my new personal room [currently empty].
my family's christmas gift exchange [cancelled last year due to my later-than-usual arrival into Indonesia. Choir Concert.]
9 of 10 Chinese New Year Celebrations.
6.5 of 10 of my birthdays went uncelebrated.
all of my family's birthdays in the past 10 years, except 2 of my dad's birthdays.

Well, regrets will be regrets. Can't change any thing that I have missed. Time to move on and work on NOT extending that list of regrets.

It's time for a fresh new start. I am intending, with God as my guide, to move to Sydney, NSW, Australia to study Accountancy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great list! I kinda like the new keane stuff too - good for them to grow as musicians!

Hey noticed you like Lenka & Erin - are you familiar with another female artist named MEIKO? Just saw one of her videos - VERY cool - check out http://www.myspace.com/meiko to hear music!

Cheers!