Monday 17 November 2008

me likes this new skin.

People will always belong in between any of these 3 different camps when it comes to redesigns:
  1. They proclaim "Hallelujah, thank GOD this change was done!"
  2. They say "hmm... ok... it's neither good, nor bad. Really, it's nowhere."
  3. They curse like crazy and say "[insert delete-explicits] this redesign!"
I felt that my blog's previous design has been way too long in the tooth. It was a Blogger template. A very generic, 30-second job. Well, for me, anyway. I'm sure Google and the guys at Blogger spent a lot of effort picking and choosing colours and templates before delivering the goods online. And to be honest, those designs that Google / Blogger have are quite nice. Very fast, easy, simple, quick, convenient, and it became much easier to add elements, like tagboards, polls, etc.

However, I felt that I needed to be more original. I want to spend more time on the overall aesthetics of the web layout. I needed more flexibility.

A year ago, I made the switch from a HTML/CSS-based layout to a very simple Google layout. I cited reasons such as the then-approaching 'O' Levels and my code-phobia [fact: till today, I still can't code HTML professionally. Need prove? check out the code for this blog here], especially since I had other things to cram in my head, other than HTML coding. This can be easily justified as a valid reason for me to NOT use HTML.

However, seeing that the exams are over, and I still have the willingness to blog [in fact, it grew into a habit], I felt that a redesign back into HTML was apt.

So, I do hope you will like / enjoy / appreciate / be able to tolerate this new design / layout.

Of course, feel free to inform me of any bugs that I may not see outside Safari / Webkit & Firefox 3, the only browsers I use frequently.

By the way, for now, this blog is certified to be functional and rendered correctly on WebKit browsers [that includes Chrome, Webkit, Safari, Mobile Safari for iPhone / iPod touch, and apparently, Nokia S60 Symbian browsers], Firefox [3 and later. May work with FF2], and Internet Explorer [best on 6 and 8 RC2. 7 may render certain things differently, but the experience shouldn't be too different].

I do not know the Opera browser in my dictionary, so don't mention it to me. You should know better, Opera users.

tag!

No comments: