Sunday 12 July 2009

music chart for the moment.

Haven't done one in a while, have I?

Before I start, is it just me, or do I start every music chart post with these 6 words: "Haven't done one in a while"?

I guess that's how you know what to expect of my blog. a music chart every time I feel like doing one.

Well, enough garbage talk. Let's get into it, shall we?

No. Not yet.

Because I thought to myself: Why come up with yet another chart to which I give only 5 minutes to think about?

So, this time, I'm doing something different. Because I realised that my Last.fm account has matured enough and gathered enough stats about my listening habits over the last 2 years, I'd just use it to make this week's chart(s).

So, let's start with something amazing that just happened.

The all-time Artists chart.
You know I'm a big Corrs fan. They've trounced this chart ever since I started using Last.fm. 
Well, guess what. Not anymore. Because at number one, it's no longer The Corrs.

What does it mean?
Coldplay's now officially my most favourite band! The stats say it all!
Now, let's move on...

The all-time Albums chart

I was expecting Viva La Vida or a Corrs album to top this chart. Guess what? It's neither.
Never thought of that, did you?

Ok, that's the Last.fm charts. Now, the proper 'proper' chart, now that you know how I write my charts. But just so I don't overtax you, I'll make this chart a short one.

chart for the moment...

1. 
David Guetta & Kelly Rowland
When Love Takes Over

2. 
Paolo Nutini
Candy

3.
La Roux
Bulletproof

4.
Agnes
Release Me

5.
Black Eyed Peas
One Tribe

Ok, 3 charts down. I have one more chart. 

Well, when I say chart, I really mean list. I just want to give a list of music that I'm delving into lately. As you probably know by now, I want to be a DJ.

BUT, the likelihood of ...
a) my parents approving of that, 
b) me achieving success in becoming one, and 
c) me actually spinning a record or 2 ...
... is pretty much naught. 
Oh sh*t, I just said zero the Brit way. eww.

Anyway, yes, I'm not gonna be a DJ. It's a dream of mine, but I probably can't, shouldn't, and won't one. Nonetheless, that doesn't mean I can't listen to music that I think would be fun to mix. So here's a list of artists/bands I'm starting to listen to.

•Sigur Ros.
•David Guetta
•Múm (as recommended by Miss Gan. Listened to a few tracks. Pretty interesting Icelandic band. Very misleading name, though. )
•La Roux
•Empire Of The Sun

No comments: