Monday 20 July 2009

On work-life balance part deux

Note to self: remember your blog title before hitting "Send".

In case you didn't read the previous part to my blog post, I was
lamenting about whether my choice was correct — coming to the UK,
spending more of my parents' money, on what I used to assume to be
better quality education.

Well, there is an upside to studying in the UK rather than in SG, I
guess.

For once, I found my work-life balance. In Singapore, it used to be
school, CCA, homework, and then sleep. With a bit of facebook in
between. Now, my weekends are free, giving me time for volunteer work,
church, going to the pier, the mall, etc. Heck, Wednesday evenings are
now movie nights out for me. That's something I could have never done
in Singapore

And best of all - I've been getting my 7-8 hours of sleep. Sweet,
sweet dreamscenes.

Also, weirdly enough, I don't have problems waking up. All I use to
wake me up is my iPhone. Nothing else. Nothing too sophisticated. Just
a 20s clip of "It's A New Day" at 6.58am (or 7.57am when I have
lessons starting at 10am).

Well, that's work-life balance for you!

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: