Sunday 19 July 2009

On work-life balance.

Sometimes, I wonder if I made the right choice coming to the UK to
carry on with my education.

Why would I ask that question?

Well, it just seems a bit wrong, in my opinion. I'm paying quite a lot
more than I would have in Singapore, for what is supposedly a better
education. But is it really better? I mean, the syllabus here seems so
much simpler than what my classmates are doing in Singapore. And they
are learning so much more than I probably am. It just feels odd to me.

My other concern is about the university I aimed to go to. LSE. Been
hearing quite a bit of negative press about the way the institution
operates. On how the lecturers spend so much time on projects outside
the classes, they barely have time to teach the students, thus
affecting the quality of the education. Would I want to go to a
university that has a built a good reputation, only to be taught by no-
one?

Maybe I should have gone through 2 years at NJC. Then again, I'd
probably say the grass is greener on the other side of the world.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: