Sunday 23 August 2009

new 'CD' releases galore!

The late-august-early-September-ish period seems like an exciting time for music releases. Or at least that's what I see, judging from the number of (digital) CDs I plan to buy.

First up, Múm just released their latest studio album, "Sing Along To Songs You Don't Know". And what can you expect from Múm? Well, the usual out-of-the-box combinations of musical instruments in each track. Was out on 21 Aug, £6.99 from Amazon UK.

Also releasing an album this August is Imogen Heap, with "Ellipse". Again, not much of a surprise here - it's Imogen Heap, which means electronica. Currently available for pre-order, it should be out on 24 Aug 09 in the UK. Price is unknown.

Next up, it's not a "new" album, but rather, a major remaster of 13+ albums. It's The Beatles, with their box set of stereo remasters. Now, nobody knows if it'll come out as a digital download on 09.09.09, the date of the remaster CD and Rock Band game's simultaneous release. But I'm confident those Beatles tracks will come to iTunes one day. For now, you can pre-order the physical box set from Amazon UK and part with £169.98 of your money. Ouch.

And finally, I've talked briefly about their album - it's Muse, with "The Resistance". It won't be out till 14 September on iTunes UK, but right now, you can preview 30s-clips of each track on the iTunes link that I hyperlinked. Aside from that, you can also listen to 2 full tracks on their website: www.muse.mu. Available for pre-order from £7.99 on iTunes.

K. That's my album watch for this period. Do let me know what you're looking forward to!

P.s.: personal post: I think I can't lift my right hand anymore. played badminton today, did a lot of the jump-and-hit nonsense. Haven't played in years, and now my muscles are aching.

P.s.s.: haven't packed for SG trip! Oh my, now what?!

No comments: