Tuesday 11 August 2009

new music chart!

betcha didn't expect one so soon, did ya?

Well, yes. It's time for one last music chart before I (possibly) go onto a 'dial-up-ish' internet connection when I go back to Indonesia this weekend.

Before I begin with the chart, one more announcement: I'm going back to Singapore on the 27th of August. It'll be an afternoon flight, so I should be free that weekend, assuming Mr Sim doesn't call me for rehearsals or anything. I'll be staying at my guardian's.

I'm also trying to arrange a get-together with different groups. Raymond was suggesting a choir alumni one, and I've announced a 4SA get-together on Teacher's Day eve. If you wanna meet up with me, just let me know by this Saturday, 9pm Singapore time. After that, I might still read it, assuming my bro subscribed to a more reliable internet connection in Jakarta. But please, do let me know. I'll be in Singapore from 27Aug to 1Sep. But yes, the Saturday of that week, I have Founder's Day, and I should have rehearsals before that.

Now, one last time before I go on a Boeing 777-300ER this weekend, let's rock the iTunes mixtape!

Music Chart For The Moment...
1. Remedy 
Little Boots
2. Poppiholla 
Chicane
3. Tigerlily 
La Roux
4. Confusion Girl
FrankMusik
5. We Are The People
Empire Of The Sun
6. When Love Takes Over
David Guetta feat. Kelly Rowland
7. Sweet Dreams
Beyoncé
8. I Gotta Feeling
Black Eyed Peas
9. 22 
Lily Allen
10. Uprising
Muse

Yes, if you see number 10, it's a new track by Muse. It's from their upcoming album "The Resistance". It'll be out in September, but for now, you can preview 2 tracks from the album on their website (muse.mu). One is called Uprising, and the other is labelled as "United States of Eurasia (+Collateral Damage)". The former sounds like a mish-mash of several Muse songs from their last studio album "Black Holes & Revelations", while the latter is reminiscent of Queen (We Are The Champion), but there's a surprise towards the end - a sudden twist from punchy and sinister Queen to a piano tune. You'll have to register to listen to the full track, if you're impatient like me. Other than that, I'm looking forward to the album!

Also, can I just say, Little Boots sounds so J-Pop in their track "Remedy". Seriously. Go stream it and hear for yourself. It's like J-Pop turned into Western Pop music. Quite funky, but at the same time, audible and easy to understand, unlike Ayumi Hamasaki. Oh, snap! Bring on the hate tags, BenSee!

No comments: