Friday 22 May 2009

Me wants to drive again

Geez, how long has it been since the last time I got on the steering
wheel? Must... Drive... Car...

But if there's one thing I noticed about the UK (Brighton and London,
to be more specific), it's this: it sucks to drive a car in the city,
but it's nicer to drive inter-city. Like in Brighton, the roads are
narrow, and Western Road, where lots of the prime retailers are, is
exclusively for taxis and buses - no cars allowed. And in London, you
have to pay something called Congestion Charges on weekdays when you
want to get into the city. It's '10 (S$22) a day. And there you are,
complaining that Singapore has millions of ERP gantries, including 20
on Pedra Branca alone.

But don't get me wrong. The buses aren't perfect either. For some
reason, my jacket always smells bad when I get off the bus. I've
checked and verified with 2 jackets that are aired daily. No
confounding variables. I even had to buy a body deodorant, not for my
body, but for my jackets.

Well, at least the bus fares here in Brighton are cheap. '67 for 3
months (SGD148, or SGD50 a month on unlimited number of rides. The
other nice thing is because the town is quite small, you have a high
chance of getting seats.)

Oh well, enough ranting. I'm getting motion sickness, and besides,
school is just 2 stops away.

Sent from my iPhone

P.s.: turns out I have things to complain about! What a surprise!

No comments: