Sunday 27 July 2008

Good Tech, Bad Tech, Low Tech

Ok, honest opinion.

I am unhappy with my Razr.

Yes, it's thin. it's sexy. it's reasonably light. And yes, its call quality is awesome. No, it's outstanding.

But, that's not enough.

That's not enough to cover up the fact that this phone has a bad software.
It can't even sync with iSync, something the fat Nokia phones do well.

Its external display, supposedly 'touch' display, is useless. Not completely, but i feel it has greater potential that to tell time and show my sms. What's the touch for? Oh, just to control you music. that's all?

Its numeric keypad is nice and large. But what's the point if it's not RESPONSIVE in the RIGHT manner? Pressing the down key 2x does not equate to pressing the '8' key. Can you guys learn a thing or two about micro-soldering from Apple or Sony? Goodness!

And by the way, sms on the motorola razr sucks. Just ask Kevin Chiam. I sent him 3 smses by accident just because the phone can't catch up to me. And mind you, I type pretty slow.

After about 7 months with the phone, I give it a 3/10. Not because I want an iPhone 3G, but because it does retarded things even the cheapest Nokia won't. BooHoo.

On the other end of tech, I decided I should let everyone in on one piece of technology I have been using for more than 3 years. This thing has interfaced with the many MP3 players I have owned, from the MuVo V200 to the iPod Touch. Ladies and Gentlemen, presenting to you....



I use this thing in the toilet, I use it in my room, and more.

I love it.

What can I say. It's a speaker with good-enough bass. And it seems to be holding up well to moisture.

The altec lansing iM4.
Rating: 8/10

No comments: