Sunday 26 April 2009

Madame Tussaud's

As I said before, I went on an excursion to London today.

Due to the London Marathon, quite a lot of roads were closed off or restricted. So, let's just say things were quite interesting.

Anyways, we, the tour group (random plug: UKstudy.com was the tour service that I used, because my school has a deal with them of some sort.) got to a few places - we were outside the Buckingham Palace, then we went to see the Big Ben, after which we went on a river cruise, followed by lunch at MacDonald's (very rushed schedule. 25 minutes to find food, eat, and run back to the bus, so not much of a choice.). I must say, MacDonald's here is not as scary as I though. The fries is still crap - nobody can deny that. The drink, let's not talk about the drink, shall we? But the meat and bun here actually LOOKS half-decent. Then again, you can't see what the effects of the chemicals are until you look beyond the kitchen.

After lunch, we were off to Madame Tussaud's. BTW: I saw the Regent Street Apple Store. that store has so much empty space around the glass stairway and in front of the entrance, it's just so weird.

That's all I can say about my trip to London, really. We didn't see everything in London, but we saw the maximum possible given our constraints: road closures, 5.30pm leaving time (2 hours between London Regent Street and Brighton/Hove.) But I'll definitely want to see more of London. Maybe a rail trip some time next month?

Anyway, I'm too tired to type anything else. need to sleep. In the meantime, check out the photos from Madame Tussaud's. I also took a photo with the Obama figure, but it's in hard copy, so I'll have to find some way to put it up another time. But just so you know, there's a photo of me with the man.

Link: my photos from Madame Tussaud on Facebook.


No comments: