Sunday 12 April 2009

A New Home.

I'm finally home at my Homestay parents' household in Hove.

Over the past few days/hours, so much has happened, I felt as if I was
some foreign dignitary at a G20-like summit, meeting people left and
right.

It all started when I flew back to Singapore on Wednesday. Met my
guardian's mother, already in her 80s. Somehow, she still remembers me
even though she's getting pretty bad in her memory, and I'm not even a
direct relative. Quite surprised that she figured out who I am in the
first instant that she saw me. Though she doesn't seem to remember
that I don't speak/understand dialect, it was quite heart warming to
see her still happy and all.

Day 2: On Thursday, I closed down my POSB account, and went to collect
my SGC + O Level Cert. Met Zexun, Ian Ng, Andrew Fong, John Sng, Chee
Yang, Matthew Ho, Chen Lin at Macs. Also saw a lot of SASS friends (as
in those still studying there.) Then in the evening, Met up with
Ernest to see the choir. Had to leave early, though, because Ernest
had something on, I had dinner and I need to get my new laptop
(remember? I didn't bring my old one, but I brought my Time Machine
backup drive, and I feared it would take 16hours to get the transfer
done. Well, it took around 4, and even more to get my first Time
Machine backup of the new Mac.

Friday came. Good Friday. I met up with Raymond, Matt Sia, and Isaac
Wong at City Hall for lunch. Came across Chia Zhe Min (my ex-PA
junior) and Choon Zhe. Well, both of them have stuff going on with
others, so Ray, Matt, Isaac, and I went to eat at that Marché-like
Japanese/fusion food place at Raffles City Basement. Had a long chat
in there, but nobody chased us out, since the place wasn't so empty
anyway. Went to buy J.Co, window-shop clothes and cell phones, and
left. I left straight for Church. There, met with another long list of
people. The drama production was, as usual, stellar. The sermon was
about the good news of Good Friday. After service, I followed Zexun,
the SAJC flautists (including Chen Lin), and Eugene to Fish & Co. next
to Park Mall. Apparently, it was one of the girls' birthday (Joi, if I
remember/spell correctly.). So, yeah, b'day celebrations at Fish&Co!

Saturday, went with my Guardians to school to get back my keyboard
protector (Zexun borrowed it before we started to eat, and I think you
know the rest of the story. Well, sometimes, people forget. Both him
and myself.) at school, and then we jetted to Changi T3. Ate Dim Sum
at Kopitiam T3, and I went in after that. Cancelled my Green Card /
Student Pass. Flew on the A380 to the UK. Awesome aircraft. A giant
bird, with in-seat universal-pin plug across all 3 classes, and the
screen was big, at 10.1". I still wished there's iPod/iPhone
connectivity like on the A330s/A340s, though. Also, I can't type / use
the trackpad on my MBP without bending my hands around the little
space I had before my neighbours feel cramped... Darn centre seats. I
need to insist on Window / Aisle seats next time.

Arrived at Heathrow, 16ºC. Only slept for an hour on the place, coz we
were flying in daytime throughout the 13h. We were basically chasing
the Sun rays throughout the flight, so there was no darkness. Arrived
at Heathrow, 16ºC, 7.20pm. Went through the custom formalities, got
out, found my transport, and reached my homestay parents' in Hove
1.5hours later. Dozed off from 9pm to 4am. I must say, it's really
cold here when you're wearing just jeans, an Adidas Polo-t, and cotton
socks, with the heater at 3, but at least my MBP is under 40ºC (That's
absurd!) with the laptop on my bed, insulated.

No, I don't miss my portable heater / chainsaw.

Typed on 12 April 2009 at: 5:53AM UK time, 4:53AM UTC time, 12:53PM SG
time, 11:53AM JKT time. It's the daylight saving

Drafted.

No comments: