Wednesday 31 December 2008

Thanks...

it's 2009!

It's a whole new year.

correction.

It's a whole new scary collective of 365 days ahead.

I must say, with the current unstable economic situation, a whole new surrounding that I'll be diving into, and a whole new environment for the others in my cohort, I'm guessing 2009 is a year that many are uncertain of. That can be scary, but let us remember that GOD holds the future, HE is always in control and HE has a plan for everyone and everything. Hence, we can always trust in HIM in whatever situation.

Aside from that, I think I should take this opportunity to really reflect on the past year and give thanks to all who have made a difference in 2008.

Ms Seah,
for her continuous support in this crucial academic year.

Ms Gan,
for being a source of moral support for me, and for the really great birthday gift. I really like the CD.

Ms Lee Bin Choo,
for always pointing us in the right direction.

Mrs Julia Huang,
just for being a teacher who has so much faith and trust in me.

Mr Albert Tay, Ms Jennifer Tham, and Ms Gan,
for the fun music-making process during the choir trip and the early part of the year.

Andre,
for being a fun person to fellowship with.

Kevin Chiam,
for helping me with my Combined Humanities.

Chem Yeo,
for helping me improve in my Chemistry, especially through the extra lessons.

Zexun,
for being an awesome panda photographer [jk. I meant "photographer".], for inviting me back to church, and for the birthday present that I needed so badly, along with Ernest, Nigel Lee, Jack, Secret Friend [I still haven't figured out who you are]

Ernest,
for being the hilarious toot that kept my sanity and sense of humour in one piece throughout the year, especially while doing the Art Coursework.

Jack, Jasper, John, Kevin, Ms Chua, Veknesh, Seno, Syed, and the other Art guys,
for the help and entertainment while doing the Art coursework.

Raymond,
for being a really awesome conversation buddy and friend to go out or home with.

Ben See, Luke, Reuben, Barnabus, Jonathan Poh, Jeremy Tan,
for being amusing juniors in choir.

Jerome Tan,
for being a great roomie during the Choir trip, as well as a great Choir VP.

Shaun Chui,
for helping Jerome & I learn the music for the Bratislava Trip, even though he himself is not going. All the best for '09, with SYF, O Level and everything else.

The '08-'09 Choir Exco,
for their effort in the choir.

Melvin Sim, Ee Rong, Ee Wei, Junior, Timothy, and any other PA guy(s) I may have missed out,
for biting "bullets" for me by taking up major projects (or a significant part of them) throughout 2008, such as the musical, Founder's Day, etc.

Aaron Chua, Jonathan Phang,
for being great classmates plus brothers in Christ.

Marcus Giam,
for being a great brother in Bass, and in Christ.

Isaac Wong,
for being a hilarious conversation buddy and always-supportive friend.

Ryan Lee,
for your awesome taste in music.

Mrs Jennifer Yew,
for keeping the 2A Full Value Contract after all these years. Never thought it would still be with you.

Matthew Ho, Jedidiah Chia, Eugene Low, Theodore Koh,
for helping me learn the guitar

Everyone who went on the Bratislava trip,
for the joy, frustration, and everything else that we went through.

There's so many more "Thanks" in '08 that I missed out, but these people have really made an impact in my life in '08, and some even lasting way beyond just '08.

So, Thank you for making a difference.

This post was composed from 31DEC08 11.30pm, till 1JAN09 1:06am.

This is the last of 3 pre-composed blog entries between 29DEC08 and 1JAN09.

No comments: