Saturday 28 February 2009

Time Machine

Whoever who came up with the idea of "Time Machine", the backup
software on Mac OS X Leopard,
That guy deserves a bonus. A big, honking bonus.

I was looking through my Mac for some old O Level Art footages
(thinking of uploading them online since Shaun Chui asked me for the
video, and I wanted to create a web portfolio of some sort as an
extension for my blog, kinda like that ridiculous daronfiles|gallery
thing that I did 2 years ago.) (that gallery has been closed, by the
way.)

However, to my dismay, I realised that I deleted it. Probably to clear
room for my videos from the choir trip. But bottom line is: my Art
videos were missing.

Fortunately, every night I came home from school, I would plug my
Seagate Time Machine drive into my Mac to backup my data. And as a
result, my video clips were found, and I restored them onto my Mac's
internal drive. Problem solved, case closed!

So, once again, my 5 months' worth of hard work has been deleted, but
recovered, thanks to Time Machine.

Thanks, ™! (that's Apple^tm, to the viewers who don't get the
intended result from my keyboard input.)

No comments: