Tuesday 2 June 2009

Exciting stuff over at E3!

Let me be frank: I don't play a ton of games (in fact, the only game I play seriously is Guitar Hero). However, I follow the developments that happen in the gaming world quite closely. Which is why the news coming out of E3 is quite exciting, in my opinion.

One of the great news coming out this year is from Microsoft. More specifically, it's about what Microsoft calls "Project Natal". Rather than talking on and on about it, just watch this video.


If you think this is a Wii poser, then probably you aren't looking and following closely. This is amazing technology being brought into the living room for entertainment. By using the camera and microphone, Microsoft is making the Xbox 360 a device that does not need a handheld controller like the Wii nun-chuck.

This is, of course, assuming what they show is what they'll actually produce. It looks like an exciting development - very "Minority Report". Just hope it's not being overly ambitious.

P.s.: How could I forget? Did you see the "PSP Go!" ? Check out Engadget. Coming out October 1st in US($249)/EU(€249), November 1 in Japan(¥268268). Or at least that's what I read.

No comments: