Saturday 20 June 2009

Mid-year Review: The 2009 New Year's Resolution

As you probably know by now, I can be quite random.

But I like to review things I predict. New Year's Resolutions, Predictions for Apple Keynotes, etc.

So, This is one of those reviews. My New Year's Resolution checklist at a glance. Think of it as if it were the SA1 in your Primary school years, only today.


  • I will get into Bellerby's College [UK]
  • Did I do it? Yes. 
  • I will keep my mass under 75kg.
  • So far, so good. 
  • I will grow to above 1.80m by the end of '09.
  • Nope. Not yet.
  • I will not go into overdraft when I am in the UK.
  • Can't. My bank account doesn't allow Overdraft. So, goodie!
  • I will keep in contact with my Singapore friends.
  • Yep.

  • I will meet Indonesians in the UK.
  • 2, in fact. Also met Malaysians, and a staff who speaks Malaysian English!
  • I will cook at least once, be it in Indonesia before I leave, or in UK.
  • Nope. Though I can make Miso soup from an instant mix. Yum!
  • I will post minimum 100 posts in 2009. A low target for a busy year ahead.
  • Definitely over.
  • I will stop buying physical albums [i.e.: Music CDs] by the last quarter of 2009 [Oct-Dec]. I will, instead, buy online.
  • I've not bought a single CD since I landed in the UK. But we'll wait and see. I'm thinking of buying a Beatles album...
  • I will grow stronger in the LORD, and while I'm at this,
  • Amen.

  • I will find a church in the UK, and go to it regularly.
  • Yep.
  • I will get a new MacBook in 2009.
  • Oh, hello, Unibody MBP.
  • I will drive with a license in 2009.
  • Oh hello, driving license in Indonesia! And hi, Honda Jazz! (My bro's car.)
  • I will vote in the 2009 Indonesian Presidential. SBY or Megawati? that's the question at the moment.
  • Not yet.
  • I will watch a performance of a choir in 2009.
  • Not yet. Unless that time I went to the music room counts. Which I doubt.

  • I will watch min. 3 movies in the theaters / cinema in 2009.
  • Really can't remember, but my last review in March said I did it. So, I did it.
  • I will still take photos in the UK, but for artsy and casual reasons only.
  • Yes and No. I took photos for a school event (the "May Ball", which is like Grad Dinner with drinks and dance)
  • I will sit on the Airbus A380 for the first time in 09.
  • Oh yes I did! And I still have the boarding pass to prove it!
  • I will not be in Singapore for more than 100 hours in 2009.
  • Fail. O Level Results Release: ~48h. Certificate collection/transit before leaving for the UK: ~48h. And Let's not forget: I have to come back in August for more than 4h, so that's more than 100h in total. So, no other way to put it, except EPIC FAIL!
  • I will take up music lessons. Specifically, piano.
  • Again, Yes and no. Should have said guitar instead of piano. 

  • I will run a half-marathon in 2009. [i.e.: 21km. Not competitive, though]
  • Oh yes I did, In Indonesia, on a treadmill.
  • I will run in a running event in 2009, even if it's the London Marathon or Singapore Standard Chartered Marathon. 
  • hehe... Gonna be hard. Firstly, London Marathon is over. Secondly, StanChart Marathon happens while I still have school.
  • I will grow more muscles in my arms and the six-pack region. a four-pack would be nice, over the one bulge I have now.
  • Unlikely. Next!


    Oh wait, there's none left?

    Ok, then total up...14 green, 2 orange, and 7 red, making a total of 23.

    So, overall, I passed! Goodie! No need to review anymore, then!

    No comments: