Monday 8 June 2009

Why I really want to buy the next iPhone 3G S.

The iPhone 3G S has a dumb name. It's physically identical to the 3G plain, only 2g heavier. It's really a 3G iPhone with new features and US$100 added on.

But I want to buy it.

Why?

No, not because it has a 3 megapixel camera with autofocus and video.

No, not because it's the newest device with an Apple logo and I'm a diehard Apple fanboy.

No, not because my current iPhone has a laughable battery life.

And no, not because the new iPhone has a Bahasa Indonesia keyboard so my brothers will shut up about the iPhone being a P.o.S. (Google it, but be warned, it's nsfw/nsfk/NC-16, so exercise caution) in typing in Bahasa Indonesia. If I want that, I can update my 3G to the 3.0 software coming in 9 days' time for free.


I want the new iPhone 3G S because it does something incredible, no other iPhone or phone that I know can do.

To tell you about this feature, I cannot describe it in any way, except to copy straight from Apple's Specs website, and blog about it here.

So, here it is. The Number One feature of the iPhone 3G S in my opinion is:

  • Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating
NOTE:
oleo- : relating to or containing oil. 
-phobic: derived from the suffix "-phobia"
-phobia: extreme or irrational fear or dislike of a specified thing or group.

So, if Apple is to be believed, this new iPhone won't smudge will my facial oils! 

That means I can use it on my Nike+ Runs, get a phone call, pick it up, and not get oil all over the screen. Awesome!

Now, to sell off my iPod nano, iPod touch, Sony Video camera, Canon 30D, and MacBook Pro. 
I want a new MacBook Pro, iPhone 3G S, and the up-coming 60D. But I'll keep my iPhone 3G as my unlocked phone for when I'm in Indonesia, or when my iPhone gets stolen/lost/sent for repair.

No comments: