Monday 5 November 2007

Checking out [former] Bidadari Cemetery l8r on

Before I go there to get some shots, perhaps I should give some BG info on the route I'm gonna go on later on in the day.


View Larger Map
the route.

The route above is what I often see the Gurkahs at Mt Vernon go on for their daily afternoon jog. Besides that, the route also outlines the former Bidadari Cemetery. The cemetery is located very close to my house, as you can probably see. But now that the removal of the caskets are done, and the land is open once again, I decided maybe I should check out the place again.

I will probably go into the cemetery instead of following the route mapped on Google Earth [Google didn't let me add a destination point to the paths on the cemetery.]

I remember walking around there before the graves were erected in 2001. You would see untouched graves overun by plants. There was one grave which belonged to a 3-month-old baby. The grave area was as small as half of a regular single bed, which proves how small the little guy was. That sight reminds me of the fragility of life. You may die at any time, even now. That is why we should cherish our times while we are alive and make the best out of it.

Of course, that grave is now gone, since the government has erected it years ago, but the trees remain. Let's hope the place is still open to the public.

No comments: