Monday 1 September 2008

E Maths Practice!

I used to enjoy pretending to be a teacher, teaching real-life school stuff. That was when I was in Primary 2, 3, and 4. Things have changed since then. I went on to do Math Buddy, then I'm not doing any forms of 'teaching' anymore.

Well, seeing that it's Teachers' Day, plus the fact that O Levels are coming, I decided to give a little E Math Question for people to ponder upon!

Here it goes. a 10-mark question on Statistics. Enjoy! Happy Teachers' Day!

Name: _____________ Index: ____-____ Date: 1 September 2008

A blogger kept track of the number of posts he publishes over the first 8 months of a year. The results are as follows:
  • standard deviation = 4.2
  • mean = 30
  • Lower Quartile = 24
  • Interquartile range = 8
a) calculate the upper quartile. [1]
b) Comment on the frequency of posts of the two bloggers in two different ways. [2]

No comments: