Wednesday 24 September 2008

Genius!

I have this bad habit of listening to only songs from the past 2 years, + any special artists that I just love [Nelly Furtado and The Corrs are the only ones with this honour.].

So just now, I was fooling around with the Genius feature in iTunes, trying to get a playlist starting from songs that I normally listen to, like, in one case, Jason Mraz's "I'm Yours". One thing I like about Genius is that it also adds songs in your playlist that you may not always hear, but actually goes well with the starting song or the previous track in the playlist.

It was through this music discovery process where I rediscovered a pretty old song in my playlist that I've not heard in years.

I heard it, and I started liking it. And I never really heard this song since I got it.

Rob Thomas - Streetcorner Symphony


Hope you like this somewhat upbeat blue / jazz track!

Also, I forgot to mention: I got this track off iTunes' Single of the Week, and I'm liking it. See if you like it too.


Lenka - The Show

And while we're talking about iTunes, have you guys tried the new iTunes visualizer in iTunes 8? Looks magnificent!

oh, couple of tips [source]:

While inside visualizer mode:
  1. ?: Toggle Help Screen
  2. M: Change Visualizer Mode
  3. I: Display Track Info
  4. C: Cycle Through Available Visualizer Mode (ON/OFF)
  5. F: Freeze Visualizer
  6. N: Show/Hide Nebula Gas
  7. L: Lock Down the Camera Movement




Oh, I wonder... How many posts have I done this year?

Hint: I met my initial new year's resolution.
Yes. Any guesses?

Another hint: There's the same number of posts as the number on a certain movie title. This movie was about spartans. And there was a few parodies of this movie, including one with a bald Britney Spears imposter.

Last Hint: Three hundred in oh-eight.

No comments: