Friday 5 September 2008

Hurricanes, Arts, Macs, and Math. Oh, and Segway.

HAMM. ok. seems as if there's no link, but you'll see, as I segway* myself between and through the 4+1 topics.

During Art, I kiddingly told a few people that my Mac makes a 'chainsaw' / hurricane noise for almost one month every year, and almost all of them seem to fall around the Hurricane season.

Also during Art, while my Mac was not making the hurricane noise, Kevin, Jasper, Cleon, and I were figuring out how much larger should cleon print each side of his 'cube' structure, and how much larger will the volume be. That means for every n times you increase each side, the volume increases by n^3 times. I did some Math on y mac as to see the volume increase if the length increased by 1.5X. The answer: 3.375. Who knew?

And speaking of Math, I've been so tied up with Art, I barely have time to practice / prepare / study for Add Math Prelim Paper next Monday. Sigh.

My mind's a hurricane right now, as I try to get myself to do prep work for Art, as well as to study for Add Math. And yet, I'm still blogging on my Mac. Double sigh...

Hah! See? I Segwayed*!

*Segway*: to segue, to transition from one topic / idea to another in a conversation, speech, or in this case, a blog post.
*Segway has the same pronunciation as segue. Realised that, phonetics professionals?

No comments: