Wednesday 3 September 2008

What I want for Christmas 08?

Well, since it's my O Level year, and I don't want to think of a list later in the year [or do I?], I thought I should make a list of what I want, ahead of Christmas 2008.

In order of 'wantedness'...

1. Adobe Master Collection CS4, Student Licensing Option, Macintosh Edition.
I admit. I want Adobe Master Collection. And yes, I want CS4 when it's available. I want I want I want! At least get me the Production Premium edition, if Master Collection costs a bomb...

2. A New MacBook Pro running on Core i7 / Nehalem.
Probably not coming till post-MacWorld, but I can dream, right?

3. An iPhone 3G dock.
This one's just for fun. I'm so tired of holding my phone to watch a video...

4. Sony PSP-3000
The newly-updated PSP with less-glossy screen... Like, forget iPhone games if I need to pay for them by Visa. I don't own a Visa!

5. A pile of PC parts, left for me to assemble and install!
I've been reading up a little bit around Anandtech and ExtremeTech. I think I know what I want...
  • An mATX mobo
  • An Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 OR Intel Core 2 Quad Kenstfield QX6600
  • ATI Radeon HD4870
  • A ≥650W Cool & Quiet Power supply
  • An LG Super-Multi Blue BD-R drive
  • A 640GB SATA HDD
  • 4GB DDR2 RAM, or DDR3 if the Mobo supports it
  • a nice CPU cooler
  • A Creative X-Fi sound card [any, as long as it's internal]
  • A floppy drive [just for fun, and in case of emergency]
  • An internal media card reader
  • if the mobo doesn't have it: Wifi 802.11n, please! [no need for Bluetooth]
  • If I can't get an mATX mobo, and must get an ATX, then I'll pick a Centurion 5 as my case, please!
  • Lots of cable ties, cables, and screws.
  • A few PC games. I wanna try Spore, Mass Effect, and MIRROR'S EDGE!!! I WANNA PARKOUR! [really, as well as virtually]
  • Oh, how could I forget! A copy of Windows XP Professional. If not, I want Vista Home Premium, or Ubuntu, or Leopard + the not-so-legit OS-X-on-a-PC hack. Heck, I'll have XP, Linux, Leopard, and Ubuntu ALL on 1 HDD. 200GB for each OS, except Linux, which gets 40GB.
6. Mirror's Edge [PC]
I love Mirror's Edge! I love Parkour! I can't do it in real life, so why not virtually?


No comments: