Thursday 19 March 2009

09 NYR review 1

It's past the middle of March, so I thought I should check out how I'm doing with this year's New Year's Resolution so far...

  • I will get into Bellerby's College [UK] (in)
  • I will keep my mass under 75kg. (still under)
  • I will grow to above 1.80m by the end of '09. (not yet. Probably CMI.)
  • I will not go into overdraft when I am in the UK. (not in the UK yet)
  • I will keep in contact with my Singapore friends. (still am)
  • I will meet Indonesians in the UK. (not even in the UK yet)
  • I will cook at least once, be it in Indonesia before I leave, or in UK. (Well, I did help my mum make Japanese salad and popcorn, even though it requires little to no cooking skill. Whatever. They count, in my book)
  • I will post minimum 100 posts in 2009. A low target for a busy year ahead. (29 in January, 27 in February, 16 in March = 72. Very close.)
  • I will stop buying physical albums [i.e.: Music CDs] by the last quarter of 2009 [Oct-Dec]. I will, instead, buy online. (not yet...)
  • I will grow stronger in the LORD, and while I'm at this, (this is long-term)
  • I will find a church in the UK, and go to it regularly. (not in the UK yet)
  • I will get a new MacBook in 2009. (not yet)
  • I will drive with a license in 2009. (licensed, and driven)
  • I will vote in the 2009 Indonesian Presidential. SBY or Megawati? that's the question at the moment. (pending)
  • I will watch a performance of a choir in 2009. (not yet)
  • I will watch min. 3 movies in the theaters / cinema in 2009. (Push, Confessions of a Shopaholic, Valkyrie. Done!)
  • I will still take photos in the UK, but for artsy and casual reasons only. (Probably yes)
  • I will sit on the Airbus A380 for the first time in 09. (projected to be possible)
  • I will not be in Singapore for more than 100 hours in 2009. (around 48 h. Probably not gonna make it for this one. Exceeding 100h, with the Founder's Day - Teachers' Day weekend)
  • I will take up music lessons. Specifically, piano. (probably no)
  • I will run a half-marathon in 2009. [i.e.: 21km. Not competitive, though] (done!)
  • I will run in a running event in 2009, even if it's the London Marathon or Singapore Standard Chartered Marathon. Hey, if people from Africa fly all the way to run in Singapore, why not me? Hopefully, I'll be having my holidays by then. (No idea if this will happen. My guess is no.)
  • I will grow more muscles in my arms and the six-pack region. a four-pack would be nice, over the one bulge I have now.



  • So, the score so far: 7done+3projected/23. Just need to convert the 3 projected to 3 confirmed, and add 2 more, and I can say I "passed" my New Year's Resolution.

    Wait, is that how one determines a great year?

    No comments: