Thursday 19 March 2009

change to the blog skin

If you're reading this on Facebook, go to my blog:
ronfiles.blogspot.com.

If you're on my blog, I believe you would have realised the minor
touches I made to the blog template.

Just to give a low-down on what has changed:

1. Nav Bar: I moved it to the right, and I made the nav options grey
and underlined to bring them out (so people know you're supposed to
interact with that thing), but still keeping it subtle.

2. If you look at the HTML code (don't), I added a black divider under
all the "H1" fonts for aesthetic purpose. So, this will affect the
headers on my frontpage and individual sections, including the dates
of my blog posts.

3. Neatened up the Front page by adjusting the padding between each
section. See how the Backtrack and Music are now level? They should
be, since they're of the same font and size. They weren't before due
to uneven padding.

4. Font size of the H1 fonts (the headers) are shrunk to make it look
more proportional to its importance in relation to the other parts of
the page.

5. Widened the content columns. I recommend a screen width of minimum
1024px.

6. Removed the grayscale background for a white one. The previous
background was "taken" from another blog skin, hosted online. So, I
decided to get rid of it to keep my blog skin "personal".

I have not finished the renovations yet. I want to...
•redo the font type and size configuration blog-wide. Hopefully my
posts won't all be 8-point text, but instead, be more flexible.
•redo the Profile. It's a mess.
•neaten the bucket list. It's ugly.
•redo the Archive/Backtrack section. I want something that looks like
the Blogger Templates, where you get the expanding list.

I'll see how much of the items in the list I can achieve, so that's
why I'm taking a little longer with the renovations of this blog. It's
on-going. We'll see how things go.

No comments: