Monday 9 March 2009

favourite food list.

I have never done this before. So I shall do my first ever list of
food that I like.

In my opinion, everyone will have several "most favourite food"s
rather than 1.

So, today, I shall list down the types of food that I'll miss from the
two countries where I spent my childhood - Indonesia and Singapore!

In no particular order...
From Singapore...
Bak Chor Mee from the noodle stall that used to be at the food court
opposite the temple opposite SASS, and the one at MacPherson.
Changi Village Nasi Lemak
D24 Durian around Geylang (seasonal)
Sushi Tei
J.Co Donuts
Din Tai Fung
Hokkien Mee from Food Republic at Wisma Atrium
咸鱼炒饭 from the Chicken rice stall opposite Potong Pasir CC.
Bubble Tea circa 2001
The vegetarian food stall at the Kallang Bahru Hawker Centre
Bah Kut Teh from Zion Road
Whampoa Rojak
Beef Noodles from MacPherson Road (AKa the Saints Choir secret
hideout, thanks to Miss Gan for introducing the place!)
Ngo Hiong from MacPherson
Porridge from MacPherson
Ampang Yong Tou Foo from Sembawang
Sik Wai Sin Eatery at Geylang Lorong 15

From Indonesia...
Laksa (Medan / Assam style) from Pluit Karang
Nasi Timbel from Cikampek/Puncak/Bogor
Mangga Harumanis (Mango) (seasonal)
Sour Sally Fro-yo Yogurt
Sushi Tei
J.Co Donuts
Tape (pronounced ta(as in the chinese word for 'big')-pay). It's
fermented tapioca. And I love it.
Tahu Tek-Tek from Surabaya (Tofu omelette with peanut sauce)
Garuda Padang Food (also have a branch at VivoCity in Singapore, if I
recall correctly, but with a more hygienic way of serving food)
Pioh (Turtle soup) from Glodok, if I recall correctly.
Yam bread from Eaton.
Y&Y / Y Grill
Lap Choi and Popiah/Lumpia from Pluit
Ah Yat Restaurant, formerly at Dusit Mangga Dua.
A&W.
Pizza Marzano
Seafood from Jelambar, Bali

No comments: